Tuesday 2 October 2012

My Initial Reaction.

I've just read through the module 2 handbook and reader 4. At first I noticed a difference in my usual reaction of panic, this is no surprise as I really feel the 1st module gave a good preparation for the rest of the module. I have learnt to just accept what I don't understand in order to inform me of what I need to learn. I turned to my journal to reflect and capture my feeling towards the information given to me by the handbook and reader. As always my journal began to highlight a concern with the tasks in part 4. In module 1 I felt solely responsible for my work. I managed my time and it was me that had to put the work in. The idea of inquiry concerns me a little, as I now realise that I need to rely on my networks out there in my world to inform my study. My issue with this was, if the quality of the effort put in to my inquiry by others suffers, then would that be evident in my studies. I realise that this is an issue that I will need to be explored further, but I know the kind the general artistic mentality. A long list of questions on your day off is never a preferable activity for most people. I guess it's about asking the right questions in the right way...

Anybody else sharing this concern with me?

6 comments:

  1. As they say its the quality not quantity that counts. I do understand what you mean though especially if for example you hand out a questionnaire, you really need as many people to complete it as possible. Maybe approach everyone in your different affiliations to pass on to some they know in a different affiliation would broaden your horizon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your right Kimberly, affiliation will be an important network when it comes to planning our inquiry. It's definitely in the approach, you can have some great questions but it's all about how you ask them. How are you feeling about Module 2?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi ahmet after reading your initial reaction i agree that it is abit daughnting to put your work in someone elses hands essentially, if they don't give the feedback technically it could jeprodise our research. But again i guess that this is just another learning skill for us a different approach to module one and a different way of learning and studying that i am sure we will get into a flow with and gear our research towards the positive outcomes that we will need to proceed onto the next stage. looking forward to continuing reading your blog and colaborating through SIGs :) steph x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ahmet

    To a certain extent we are going to be relying on other people to share their views and voice opinions. I too had concerns about this! I guess we have to remember that there are many forms of research and if we go back to a study on networking we may find other ways of seeking knowledge. For example, I found I had a lot of questions relating to teaching methods. Instead of actively asking someone for their opinion maybe the only question that needs to be asked is 'can i observe your class?' A lot can be learnt through observation. This also means that we are exploring other tools and other ways of collecting evidence.

    I found myself spending just as much time questioning how I was going to question rather than just questioning!? Does that make sense??

    Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely, I think the way we ask the questions is just as important as the questions themselves. Open ended questions are really hard to write...

    Ahmet

    ReplyDelete